Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Happy May Day

I remember placing flowers or a small basket of something we made on the door steps of our neighbors each May 1st.. it was a way of welcoming in summer.. celebrating that school would soon be over.. and we would once again enjoy those wonderful days of summer..

I love the childhood memories and traditions.. where innocence flourished... and all things were new..






memories by Hope O'Hara (Hope-OHara) on 500px.com
memories by Hope O'Hara




Hope© All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. Montana has thrown us a curve ball for the start of May. It was must warmer last month and here we are after the eighties of last month struggling to break sixty this month...ah yes, best to think better thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a beautiful memory, putting flowers or baskets on doorsteps!
    We can not regain our innocence with all the things we've seen, done & heard but with your wonderful photography we sure can keep things new!

    I hope you have been well..

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories are often like dreams and your photo sure looks like a dream. Awe the little things in life that can surely make someone elses day. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until we meet again Hope. Your in my thoughts and you are in my prayers and forever with me in my heart.
    Always Lisa xo I will miss you so much. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Hope you captured the beating of my heart. It just stopped for a time here. Great great photography. Can I come over so you teach me lot of nice stuff? Wishing you warm thoughts to keep memories alive.
    Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete

I delight in reading your comments, the warmth you leave me with and the smiles to great each day.. thank you.. soft hugs always Hope